How do you go about cleaning your split system?
Firstly, we recommend that any service that requires the handling of electrical equipment, connection or disconnection or climbing heights should be carried out by professional tradesmen.
Steps to clean the internal coils
The simplest thing you can do is
- Open the front door of the split system to expose the filters
- Remove the filters
- Very carefully use the SAN-AIR Surface Mould Remover to spray the silvery fins, repeat as many times as you need for them to appear clean (periodically check that the machine’s drain pipe does not get clogged, and if so clear it)
- Using a second spray bottle, filled with clean bottled water, rinse off the fins, making sure the water you are using drains properly through the normal drain tube
- Allow to drip dry for 10 minutes
- Apply a fine mist of SAN-AIR Surface Mould Remover and let air dry. Coils should now look clean.
Get the following products to commence your clean
- 1x SAN-AIR Surface Mould Remover
- 2x SAN-AIR Split System Sanitizer OR 2 x SAN-AIR Mould Gone (for a longer lasting dosage)
Now for the filters
- Take the filters to the laundry sink and wash well with water
- Shake outside or in the sink to remove most of the water
- Use SAN-AIR Surface Mould Remover to spray the filters, allow to sit for 5-10 minutes
- Then shake excess solution free and rinse off with water
- Repeat step 3, shake excess solution off, then allow to air dry
- Use any excess SAN-AIR Surface Mould Remover to wipe down the outside of the split system
- Replace the filters (Before you do replace filters make sure you have not wet accidentally any electrical part of the machine if so seek professional help)
- Close the cover of the machine and run the air-conditioner for 10 minutes to encourage drying out
After completing step 8 above, install a SAN-AIR Split System Sanitizer pack behind the filter or SAN-AIR Mould Gone on top of the machine (replace these every 8-12 weeks for ongoing mould prevention)
How often to clean?
- Every 4 months for best healthy air, especially if you use the machine all the time
- Every 6 months at a minimum.
SAN-AIR mould experts can help you with any type of air-conditioner
SAN-AIR has years of experience in supporting HVAC professionals to remove mould or bacteria build up in air-conditioning systems. Small or large, home, office or large commercial systems are all within our range of expertise.
Call us on 02 8809 5350 to talk to a mould expert and determine the right SAN-AIR solution for your air-conditioning unit.
We have experience in any of the below:
- Split System
- Mini split air-conditioning
- Window air-conditioner
- Portable air-conditioning
- Hybrid air-conditioner’s
- Ceiling Units/ Pack Units
- AHU (Air Handler Units)
- Reverse Cycle air-conditioning
- Ducted air-conditioning
- Ductless air-conditioning
If you are not experienced in maintaining air-conditioning equipment, SAN-AIR can support you with recommended professional services.
For professional services, call us now!