Common allergic triggers of asthma
The National Asthma Council Australia states on their website “The most common allergic triggers of asthma are house dust mites, pets, pollen and mould.”….”Even though complete allergen avoidance does not cure asthma, reducing exposure to your allergen triggers may improve your asthma control and make your asthma symptoms easier to manage. ”
What is asthma?
Asthma is a disease of the airways – which are the breathing tubes that carry air into our lungs. Asthma is triggered by an overreaction of our own immune system. This overreaction causes inflammation of our airways, giving rise to that breathing anomaly which is called asthma. Chinese medicine identifies 4000 manifestations of asthma. The trigger that concerns us here is the one which exposure to mould spores can cause.
Respected bodies like WHO state that serious mould exists in between 25-65% of indoor space. But 98% of indoor space has been proven to be shared with mould. The inescapable truth is that more and more of our diseases can be linked to a mould exposure trigger.
Who develops asthma?
- Over 2.5 million Australians have asthma – about 1 in 10 adults and about 1 in 9 or 10 children.
- Asthma and allergies are closely linked. Asthma is more common in families with allergies or asthma, but not everyone with asthma has allergies.
- Adults of any age can develop asthma, even if they did not have asthma as a child.
- Some people have asthma during childhood but later have very few or no symptoms as adults.
- Many preschool children who wheeze do not have asthma by primary school age.
- Indoor and outdoor pollution (including moulds, gases, chemicals, particles and cigarette smoke) can increase the risk of developing asthma.
- Athletes can develop asthma after very intensive training over several years, especially while breathing air that is polluted, cold or dry.
Asthma action plans
Every adult and child with asthma should have their own, personalised, written asthma action plan prepared with their doctor.
How SAN-AIR can help neutralise the mould trigger?
SAN-AIR products have been designed to specifically neutralise indoor airborne mould and bacteria as well as any that land on your interior surfaces.
Our products are made using plant-based actives and do not contain any toxic chemicals. We know our products are SAFE for you, your family and your pets.
A two-pronged approach is recommended.
- Clean the air – we recommend SAN-AIR Mould Gone for homes without air conditioning, SAN-AIR Split System Sanitiser, or for ducted systems SAN-AIR Air Conditioning. Our purpose built evaporative gel will circulate through your home, coming into contact with airborne mould and bacteria, neutralising it.
- Clean the surfaces – to support the big hit with the product for air cleaning we also recommend that you give your surfaces a clean with SAN-AIR Surface Mould Remover. If you maintain your air cleaning regime with SAN-AIR you can probably reduce surface cleaning to a quarterly exercise.
What do SAN-AIR customers say?
“I am using the substance (SAN-AIR sic) you gave me in the air conditioning inlet vent and had it turned on the whole day last Monday per your advise. I now use the heater in the morning and once in the evening for about 2 hours each day. I must say I have not had an asthma attack since I started using it.”
“San Air is one of the few products I have used that has actually provided results equal to or greater than what that it boasts on the label. I had heard of friends using San Air for the first time after relatively long periods of illness such as coughing or prolonged colds or flues and that it had always eliminated or drastically reduced the duration of these illnesses, so I was keen to see for myself. I have used it multiple times in my room and work office to get rid of long-lasting coughs (including whooping cough) and it has never failed me. I would be very happy to recommend San Air to all my friends and family as I have seen the results first hand.”
The SAN-AIR team have years of experience
The SAN-AIR team are always happy to talk with you about your indoor problems and recommend the best products to suit your situation. We also provide consulting services and Home Health Inspections if there is a need. Our Home Health Inspection reports have been presented in property disputes and been accepted.
If you need help to decide the right actions to take, contact us by phone on 0433347094 or email (form below) and we will get back to you quickly.